5 Best LED TVs Under $1000
What?! So you still own an old and rusty CRT TV?! Come on, you’re not from the ice age are you? Anyway, as far as TVs go, LED lit TVs is the rising trend and for good reason. They are energy saving, delivers excellent images, bright, colorful…in simpler terms, they have everything you are looking for when it comes to fun and entertainment.
Some of them even have connectivity options like hooking up to the internet for pay per view movies, playing slide shows through the USB port, playing video games, and those are just to name a few. Talk about an all-in-one solution for home entertainment.
There is one problem though – LED TVs are pricey! That’s especially true when compared to your old CRT TV. BUT every dime spent on it is well worth it. And here’s something to make things even better: there are LED TVs out there that are below 1000 USD! YES, they are affordable and their qualities are top notch – rivaling those that are beyond your budget.
Take a closer look at the 5 best LED TVs for under 1000 USD and bring your movies, video games, photo slideshows, and more to life!
#1: LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Black
Beefed up with:
- Energy saving backlighting
- FULL high definition resolution of 1080 pixels which gives you crystal clear details
- Tru Motion 120 Hz technology that virtually eliminates blur
- very snappy and speedy – 2.4 ms response time!
… the LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Black is perfect for watching sporting events that drives you nuts, action packed movies, and playing fast paced video games
Having the latest technologies in high definition TV, the LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Black will give you the blackest of blacks, bright colors, VERY crisp images, and more…rivaling almost any display category. Not to mention it’s one of the slimmest, most energy efficient TVs you can ever lay your hands on. PLUS, the enhanced motion capture lets you capture smooth, natural pictures. It doesn’t matter if it’s with fast paced action!
For the price point, the LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Black is UNBEATABLE! Beautiful design, sharp colors, excellent viewing angles, REALLY thin, light weight compared to traditional LCD TVs – there’s really nothing more you can ask for from this LED TV from LG.
If you have a small bedroom or smaller living space, this is the TV to buy to bring life and color to it.
I compared this side by side against a leading 32 inch LED TV at a local store. While the LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Black is slightly thicker and heavier, the colors on the LG HDTV surpass the best seller in the brightness, definition, and facial features department. BEST of all, it’s way more affordable!
The design is also very modern – coming strong with sharp lines, thin LED, and more. I love it so much that I ordered another LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Black from Amazon.com. I’m sure you will LOVE it, too.
#2: Samsung UN46C6300 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black)
The Samsung UN46C6300 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black) – the LED picture quality of this high definition TV meets the 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate technology…delivering gorgeous and jaw dropping results!
The LED backlighting technology of this Samsung LED TV together with the advanced processing features gives you pictures that have an exceptionally large range of contrast and color. So large that the images look very realistic.
The 120 Hz Clear Motion PLUS Technology, on the other hand, lets you see fast action scenes smoothly and virtually blur free. That alone sets this LED TV ahead of the competition. Additionally, the Samsung UN46C6300 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black)’s LED Ultra Clear Panel does a good job of absorbing ambient light while virtually eliminating reflections which result to a more comfortable viewing environment.
And lastly, the beautiful form and design complements even the most stylish of décor!
Samsung UN46C6300 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black) – The Good Side
- The colors are so vibrant and alive! That’s something you can only dream of with an ancient CRT TV.
- The high definition content is displayed very realistically. It will get you so hooked you would start thinking about quitting your job and watching movies and TV shows all day long.
- Even with standard definition shows, they look really good in this set.
- The black levels are way deeper than what I expected with all of the online whining about the edge lit LED screens.
- The super thin design makes the compact fluorescent flat panels makes the flat panels on Mc Donald’s look obsolete and chubby.
Some Minor BUT Tolerable Quibbles
- The remote, it’s over crowded with buttons. Instead, I use the cable company’s universal remote control. I only pick up Samsung’s when I need to tweak some advanced settings. And most of the time, I press something unintended.
- VERY slight edge lit brightness on the black borders. Most of what you see on the TV will fill the screen so you won’t have any opportunity to see the effects in their fullest glory. HOWEVER, that’s NOT really bad. I have seen other TVs that perform far worse in the light leakage department.
#3: VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black
The VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black…
- Brilliant in color
- Oozing with detail
- Amazingly deep in contrast
And best of all, this comes in a razor thin design, which is as little as 1 inch in profile! This beautiful high definition TV from Vizio comes with FULL 1080 pixel high definition resolution that gives you crystal clear images as well as REALLY sharp clarity. Along with that, it also comes with 20,000 is to 1 dynamic contrast ratio…giving you deeper blacks and pristine whites.
The VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black also comes with touch sensitive controls that light up when your hand draws near and fades away when you are done tweaking. With the 2 high definition inputs, you will surely LOVE the ultimate connectivity that it provides.
HOWEVER, the fun doesn’t stop there. With the SRS Labs, you will experience amazingly advanced sound technology. Not to mention the mercury free VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black well exceeds the strict Energy Star 4.1 guidelines. YES, you are helping conserve our planet’s energy resources and save money while you are having fun watching your favorite TV shows, playing your favorite video games, or watching those blockbuster movies.
VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black – Features At A Glance
- With this 26-inch LED Backlit LCD HDTV, you get 1920 x 1080 pixels as well as support for 16.7 million colors.
- This LED high definition boasts a Razor Thin Profile that is just 1 inch thin (max depth of 1.63″ without stand).
- The Full and High Definition Resolution of 1080 pixels empowers you with 2 million pixels, resulting to unbelievable clarity and detail.
- The 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio provides you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved thanks to the energy efficient sensors that auto-adjust brightness to give you perfect picture whatever the room conditions are.
- The 170/160 Degree horizontal/vertical viewing angle gives you crisp and clear picture which is easily seen no matter where you are in the room.
- With the 2 Built-in 5-watt Speakers, you get sound that is amazingly clear.
- This high definition LED TV is beefed up SRS Audio Technologies! The SRS TruVolume evens out the dynamics volume inconsistencies between programming at a minimum. The SRS TruSurround HD, on the other hand, pumps out immersive virtual high-definition surround sound through the 2 5-watt speakers of the TV.
- Included in the package is a remote that is stylish and allows you to easily control your VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black.
- ECO HD surpasses the current Energy Star 4.1 – saves you cash on utilities, while keeping the negative impact on our planet at a minimum.
- Backed up by one year parts and labor warranty PLUS FREE and LIFETIME technical support!
#4: LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV
With energy saving LED backlighting, full high definition pixel of 1080 pixels, Tru Motion 120 Hz technology, PLUS a response time of 2 ms, the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV is one of the best LED TVs out there that you can lay your hands on!
Amazingly clear details, virtually no motion blur, excellent for watching sports, movies, playing video games, watching TV shows – there’s REALLY nothing more you can ask for from the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV.
Having the latest and most sought after technologies for high definition TV, the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV gives you the deepest blacks PLUS crisp images that would rival any display category. And to make things even better, it’s one of the slimmest and most energy efficient TVs around. Along with that, the improved motion capture allows you to capture flawless, natural images. That holds true even if you are watching fast paced action movies or video games.
If you think 20,000 is to 1 dynamic contrast ratio is amazing, then get this: the 3,000,000 is to 1 dynamic contrast ratio will make your jaws drop…delivering eye popping colors, deep blacks, pristine whites, and more! The LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV also scores really well in the connectivity department with its USB port for connecting external drives that can be used for playing MP3, audio, JPEG photo, DivX HD video files, and a whole lot more. And this is backed up by stereo speakers with 20 watts of power as well as Dolby Digital Recording coupled with 4 HDMI inputs.
I grabbed this HDTV from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and I’m really pleased with it! I replaced Vizio LCD TV with this. What drove me to the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV are the features, especially the LED backlighting as well as 120 Hz processing. This gives you REALLY stunning picture quality coupled with some of the deepest blacks and richest colors I have seen.
The 120 Hz Tru Motion really made me fall in love with the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV. Thanks to this feature, everything I see on TV is way more realistic than other TVs have rendered. So realistic it’s almost scary. Watching Blu Rays together with the Tru Motion feature set on the highest setting takes the characters out of the movies and bring them to life. It’s like I’m watching the characters through the window. I can’t go back watching TV without it.
Along with that, the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV is also excellent for gaming. I use it for Xbox 360, Play Station 3, Nintendo Wii, GateWay PC, and more. I have played a lot of games on this LED TV and the response has been phenomenal and super smooth.
I’m giving the LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV 2 thumbs up!
#5: LG 42LE5400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications
1080 pixels of full high definition resolution, energy saving LED backlighting, Tru Motion 120 Hz technology, 2.6 ms response time – there’s nothing more you can ask for from the LG 42LE5400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications! Excellent for watching sports, movies, TV shows, video games, this LED TV from LG showcases crystal clear detail, ZERO motion blur, amazingly deep blacks, bright colors, crisp and amazing details and images.
YES, the LG 42LE5400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications can go head to head against all sorts of display category. Not to mention this unit is one of the slimmest ones out there. Not to mention it also saves you energy.
On the other hand, the LG Net Cast gives you access to TV shows, movies, and a whole LOT more. And all of these are streamed straight from the internet and taken directly to your TV screens. PLUS, the LG 42LE5400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications also gives you compatibility with Wireless 1080p Connectivity (this requires wireless media kit and it’s sold separately).
As for the dynamic contrast ratio – get this it comes with its guns blazing…boasting 4 million is to 1 dynamic contrast ratio. If other LED TVs give you great looking images, this will make it stunning and unbelievably realistic – rich colors, deep blacks, amazing detail. Along with that, the 2 USB ports can be used for connecting external drives that you can use to play MP3 audio, JPEG Photo, DivX HD video files, and more.
PLUS, the fact that the LG 42LE5400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications is filled with niceties such as a stereo speaker with 20 watts of power, Dolby Digital recording, and 4 HDMI inputs makes it even better!